Many patients, especially younger patients, are very familiar with the latest technology and are more comfortable with the high tech practice. We utilise intra-oral camera technology that helps enhance your understanding of your diagnosis. An intra-oral camera is a very small camera. This allows us to view clear, precise images of your mouth, teeth and gums. With clear, defined, enlarged images, we see details that may be missed by standard mirror examinations and we can share these with you to help you understand your options more fully. This can mean faster diagnosis with less chair-time for you.
Intra-oral cameras also enable our practice to save your images in our office computer to provide a permanent legal record of treatments. These treatments can be printed for you, other specialists and our laboratory technicians.
The Intra oral camera is used for:
• Improved communication between dentist and patient
• Clinical records – can be made of before during and after treatment
• Comparison at a later date. The best way to determine if a problem is progressing is to take an image and compare to it later.
This patient had lA failing filling,
• Had sensitivity to hot and cold
• Wanted to replace the old filling with a white porcelain inlay
Using the intra-oral camera we were able to show the extent of the problem. Note the hair line fracture.
Tooth cleaned for Cerec Inlay. Note hairline fracture.
Having prepared the tooth to protect the fracture line with a Cerec Onlay, the full extant of the fracture is visible.
The Onlay Crown will cover and seal the fracture line to prevent further propagation.
Creek Crown in place – the final restoration.
• Improved communication
• Clinical record
• Comparison at a later date
Communication with intra-oral camera improves understanding and decision making.