Selling your dental practice
Sell your practice and be a part of something exciting
We’re currently investing in quality dental care, looking to acquire dental practices that share the same commitment for putting the patient first.
Your practice could become part of one of the UK’s and the Republic of Ireland’s leading providers of private dentistry and a major provider for UK NHS dental care. And while we take care of the day-to-day running of your practice, you can dedicate more time to the things you love – whether that’s more time with patients, focusing on a particular field of dentistry such as implants, to spending more quality time with your family. Email us
Or for a free, no obligation valuation call us on +44 (0) 1454 837939
. Talk to us today about
- selling your mixed or private dental practice
- a free no obligation valuation of your dental practice
- indemnity insurance, with access to legal advice
- personal clinical support, tailored CPD and in-house training
- our range of support services – from clinical governance to people management, IT and finance
- being part of a trusted brand
- national and local marketing support
- extending the referral network for you and your specialists.
The benefits of selling to Smiles Dental (part of Bupa)
Leaving the management and administration to us can help you relax and concentrate on being a dentist. Not only that, but we’ll also help you maximise the value of your practice and benefit from future growth. Here are just some of the other benefits of partnership with Smiles Dental (part of Bupa).
Quality training and development
Continuous Professional Development
We offer a regional programme of events and opportunities to explore specialist pathways, as well as an online CPD with 400+ hours to choose from, including core CPD requirements.
- Periodontic lectures
- Implant training
- Social orthodontic training
- Facial aesthetics training
- Endodontic courses
- Sponsored education with MSC opportunities
Practice Manager Academy
The Practice Manager Academy is a very successful development programme aimed at developing talent from our nurse and receptionist pools. We provide participants with critical skills needed to develop into the role and provide the business with fully trained individuals ready to hit the ground running.
Our clinical management team is made up of experienced, practising clinicians who offer clinical support to practice teams and are involved with the recruitment of clinicians. They’re also involved in strategic decisions at a higher level within the business. Occasionally the opportunity to join this team will arise, offering valuable career development in running the business.
Investing in your practice
Wide choice and savings on consumables and labsBeing a part of Smiles Dental can provide dentists with many benefits when it comes to their buying power. They’ll have access to preferential rates with our leading consumable supplier, Henry Schein, and other labs across the country.
We currently have over 600 labs on our own lab ordering system. If your chosen GDC/DAMAS Registered lab is not on the system, your lab only needs to install our software to be included. Our lab ordering system streamlines work flow and payments and will enable price comparisons.
Upgrading facilities and equipmentWe also invest in our practices to provide the best clinical care possible, modernising existing surgeries and purchasing new equipment, where required.
Quality and governance support
Audit toolAs part of our clinical governance, our practices are inspected to ensure we meet all regulatory compliance standards. This audit tools does everything you need to be compliant with all regulations.
Indemnity insurance, with access to legal adviceWe’re able to make an insurance backed indemnity policy available to our dentists and specialists, offering you reduced fees with run-off cover and access to our in-house medico-legal support and complaints handling team.
Why Smiles Dental (part of Bupa)?
Our mission is to lead the way in UK and Ireland dental care. We do this through our nationwide network that inspires collaboration and innovation. We believe that everyone deserves a healthy, happy smile. We want our patients to enjoy a relaxed, professional and sympathetic dental experience.
We’re constantly improving our care through:
✓ Focusing on outcomes
– we work with you to set goals for our people and business to improve dental health for our patients
– we’re driven by what dental care should be, not what it has been
– by using our ROI-wide network to share knowledge and training our goal is to raise standards for all dentistry
We aim to provide every patient with exceptional dental care experience. Patient care is our top priority and we continually measure our performance in this area. We’re 100% compliant with all dental regulations in the Republic of Ireland.
Marketing support backed by a trusted, well-known brand
We provide a wide range of marketing support – both national and at a variety of local marketing support for each individual practice.
Support ranges from:
- Our dental website offers online patient booking and extensive health information resources
- Digital marketing innovations
- Ongoing, timely marketing campaigns throughout the year
- Suite of professional in-centre marketing materials, for patients and referrals
“I’ve been able to visit partner clinics across the country to provide visiting implant services. This has helped improve patient satisfaction across the board as we’re now able to offer implant services without them having to travel away from their home practice. Meanwhile, from a personal perspective, I’ve been able to practice what I love, and I genuinely believe that I am considered a valuable asset, clinically and financially, to the many practices concerned.”
Dr Chris Lee, Dentist, Bupa Dental Care Coventry
“I have been impressed by Bupa’s commitment to delivering high quality private dental care. In addition, the strength of the brand, particularly in the corporate sector, has led to a number of new patient enquiries to our central London practices. Post acquisition I have continued to enjoy working as part of the Bupa team. The commitment to delivering high quality care is evident throughout.”
Dr Neil Sikka, founder Barbican Dental Care
Joining the Smiles Dental family
It usually takes three to six months to complete the process of selling your dental centre. Here’s what to expect:
- You’ll have an initial discussion with the team, where you’ll need to provide three years of accounts.
- Our acquisition manager will visit the practice outside of surgery hours.
- We’ll produce a valuation of the practice and discuss the terms of the sale.
- We’ll issue a ‘Heads of Terms’ which are agreed and signed by both parties.
- Solicitors will then be instructed and the legal process will commence.
- While the TUPE process and contracts are negotiated, a welcome meeting will take place with staff and associates.
- Finally, legal documents are signed and money is paid to the vendor, completing the process.
What’s next?Call us
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm. Out of hours, please call*: +44 (0)7760 783 851 +44 (0)1454 837939
* We may record or monitor our calls. Email us
About Bupa Dental Care (Smiles Dental is now part of Bupa):
Bupa Dental Care is one of the leading providers of private dentistry in the UK and Ireland and a major provider of NHS dental care in the UK. Bupa Dental Care operates over 460 dental practices.
We are a global health and care company providing health insurance as well as health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries. We have dental businesses in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Chile, Poland and Hong Kong.
Our purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. At Bupa, we have no shareholders. Our priority is looking after you through our care homes, health insurance, health centres and dental centres. Our focus is your health.
Oasis Healthcare Limited trading as Bupa Dental Care. Oasis Healthcare Limited, registered number 03257078. Registered in England and Wales. Registered offices: Bupa Dental Care Support Centre, Vantage Park, Old Gloucester Road, Hambrook, Bristol, BS16 1GW. Xeon Dental Services Limited trading as Smiles Dental. Registered in Ireland. Registered number 391309. Registered Address: Saint Martin’s House, Waterloo Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.