Oral surgery includes the diagnosis, surgical and related treatment of diseases, injuries and defects involving the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the head, mouth, teeth, gums, jaws and neck. The oral surgeon can use intravenous sedation, and or local anesthesia in an outpatient setting for removal of teeth and other procedures. Your Smiles dentist will assess your need for oral surgery based on the results of a comprehensive examination.
- Oral surgery may be needed in the following cases:
- Removal of impacted teeth such as wisdom tooth extraction
- To manage diseases of the teeth and their supporting soft and hard tissues
- In the treatment of benign tumors and cysts
- Pre prosthetic (restorative) surgery for dental implants, dentures or other dental prostheses
In most circumstances, you will need to be referred to an oral surgeon by your general dentist. To book an appointment, contact your local Smiles Dental
clinic. To find out more about treatments available and price lists please click here