Orthodontics – what is it?
Orthodontics involves the wearing of braces. These can be either fixed or removable. This works to improve the alignment and function of the teeth. If you have crooked, crowded, missing or prominent teeth, an orthodontic treatment might be for you. Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for kids. Discreet, clear braces have now become a popular option for adults too.
Why might I need Orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontic treatments are carried out to:
- Improve the alignment of the teeth
- Improve the health of the mouth and gums
- Improve the function of the teeth
What options do you have?
There are two types of brace systems used for orthodontics – fixed and removable. Fixed braces are placed for a certain amount of time to improve the function and aesthetic of your teeth. Removable braces can be taken out of the mouth for eating and cleaning, unlike fixed braces. We offer three different solutions depending on your needs and what your budget is; Fixed Braces
and Six Month Smiles
. Your orthodontist will assess your needs and can help choose the right teeth straightening option for you.
To find out more about treatments available and see our pricelist, please click here
What are the benefits of Orthodontic treatment?
- Orthodontics can improve the appearance and function of your teeth
- Speech and chewing ability can be improved
- Straighter teeth make it easier to brush and maintain a good oral hygiene routine
- If orthodontic problems are left untreated, they can damage the jawbone and gums
Orthodontic treatment is available in the following clinics: Smiles Ortho
. Available treatments may vary from clinic to clinic.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook
to keep up with all the news and latest offers on Orthodontics at Smiles Dental.